Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas Eve

I popped out early this morning to run a couple of last minute errands.  On my way home, not far from our house, I saw the most amazing thing.  At first I didn’t believe what I was seeing, so I turned around and went back for a second look.  In one of the trees in a somewhat-wooded area between a nearby hospital and some apartment buildings was this beautiful bald eagle.  He was so unbelievably large.  He just sat there, quietly, majestically, peacefully while the other birds chirped and flitted around in the trees.  I see bald eagles quite often as I cross over the Minnesota River on my way to work, but I’ve never seen one this close to home.  It was amazing.



I decorate our home quite simply at Christmastime; I just don’t have a lot of extra time to do much more.  I bought this “Charlie Brown” Christmas tree at Michael’s this year and I think it is perfect for displaying some of the smaller tatted ornaments I have collected over the years.  Some were made by the Mad Tatter, some were made by others.


I just think it’s the perfect tree for these beautiful white lacey ornaments!






8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your 'Charlie Brown' tree has a simple elegance to it. Enjoy!

RJ said...

Lovely decorations Cathy. I love the lacy and pretty decorations on your tree. RJ

Halland House Gifts said...

Cathy, I have fallen in love with tabletop trees and dough bowls over the last few years. Thank you for sharing yours. They make my heart smile. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Judy

Barb said...

I think seeing that Eagle was a lovely Christmas gift.

Marilyn said...

What a great experience, seeing a Bald Eagle close up.
Your little CB tree is so cute, and it fits the ornaments nicely, a great idea.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
Marilyn

Khristine Doiron said...

Your little tree is absoluetly perfect for those little ornaments. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

denise said...

adorable tree

Mary said...

I love seeing Bald Eagles and am fortunate to live where you do see them. It'
s always a thrill, I am quite envious of your dough bowl!!! I've been on the hunt forever for one, I think it's such a lovely way of displaying smalls. Sweet Charlie Brown tree!