Friday, January 01, 2016

New Year, New Start

For the past few years it has been a tradition of mine to start a new piece on January 1st. I had many options to choose from, but when the time came this is the one that called my name.

This is the Four Seasons Band Sampler by Sally Hesketh. It was published in four parts in the Just Cross Stitch magazine in 2011.

I'm stitching it on 32 count Platinum Belfast linen with Anchor threads.

Looking forward to stitching the alphabet next. I love stitching alphabets!

 

11 comments:

Barb said...

That is going to be a very pretty design!

Brigitte said...

A great choice, Cathy. This project is also in my folder of soon-to-be-started projects.

Marilyn said...

Great choice.
I've always liked this piece.
Marilyn

Ellen said...

You picked a beauty, Cathy.

Sherry said...

Lovely piece! I am still trying to decide on my New Year start.

Stasi said...

Ooooh--liking this! Off to see if it's in my mag stash!!!
Happy New Year Cathy!

Blu said...

Lovely start!

Khristine Doiron said...

Great choice! It is lovely. And those greens, so pretty!

deb said...

What a beautiful sampler! Lovely start - enjoy the alphabet! :)

Shebafudge said...

That looks like it will be really pretty when it is finished. x

Unknown said...

I've been searching everywhere for this pattern. So far I have only been able to find the "Summer" and "Fall" parts. Would you consider sharing ???