Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 - the First Six Months

After posting about the Hardanger ornaments tonight I spent a bit of time going back and reading my posts from past Decembers. It was kind of fun. I realized that I usually do a summary at the end of the year that includes my finishes, trips that I may have taken, and anything that was significant during the year. So here we go. Join me as I reminisce about the first six months of 2015...

My first finish of 2015 was this darling ornament for my great niece, June. Christmas of 2014 was her first Christmas; our families didn't get together until the New Year though, hence the January 1 finish. June has a baby brother now. He was just born yesterday!

I started a new project in January...Randje per Week. This was such a fun stitch. Each week I added two rows. It was a great project to work on when I was traveling for work too. Have you seen what they are planning for 2016?

The Shepherd's Fold continued in 2015. In January I finished the fob. I still have the last two parts, the needleroll and the ruler sleeve, to stitch and finish!

In February I got to stitch with a group of friends at "The Ranch." It was nice to have a weekend to relax and stitch. During this month I continued to work on Randje and also worked on some pre-work for an upcoming class in March.

Our guild sponsored a March to the finish weekend - another good opportunity to get some serious stitching done. Made some more great memories. Traveled to Indianapolis to take three classes with Sherri Jones. I stitched this scissor fob to commemorate the trip. Over one nonetheless!

Since my pre-stitching was done, I was able to finish a Tulip Tray soon after taking the class.

There was a murder in April and it was very important that I travel to Iowa to help solve it. Truthfully, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a class with Amy Mitten. What a delightful teacher. Now we're traveling around the world with her!

Things start to get a little crazy in May starting with Stitchville's Spring Fling and Ellen Chester. At least there was no snow this year!
Then my partners In crime and I traveled to Madison for another class with Sherri Jones - Blue a Ribbon Sewing Box. No class pictures and my project is not complete, but we did stop at Lynn's in Madison for some retail therapy!
No trip to Madison would be complete without a stop at....drum roll please...the Norske Nook!

Oh, and by the way, I finished two Catherine Theron projects in May...her guild project for 2015 called Winter Strawberries. (Enjoy the upside down picture.) Will you be stitching her 2016 guild project with me?

And a tiny scissor fob...

Now you would think that we might be all traveled out at this point, but no! We find ourselves back on the road again headed back down to Zionsville, IN - the safest town in America except when we are there! Look out, here we come!

We discovered some treasures along the the way. Chris found a pristine copy of the Blue Ribbon Sampler.

Judy thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this quaint little shop in Geneva, IL.

And after searching high and low, we found some condoms for our scissors. In two color options!

In Indy, we had the pleasure of taking two more classes with Catherine Theron. Sadly neither of these two projects is finished yet either! It was a memorable weekend though.

I finished out June with a quick trip to New York to see Mrs. Szigethy. She and her daughter were here in the U.S. and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them again.

By the way, did I mention the other year long SAL that I participated in? A group from guild worked on the Sojourner sampler from Hearts Ease Examplar Workes. I got it started but failed miserably at finishing it. Here's a sample of what I was able to complete.Guess what I will be working on this year?

I think that pretty much sums up the first half of the year (although I feel like I might be missing a Betsy Morgan class...). Tomorrow we'll review the second half of the year. I'm afraid it's not quite as exciting but maybe I'll surprise myself!

 

2 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

So fun to look back over the year you had, you were really busy!! Beautiful stitching you completed this year.

Barb said...

You have had a wonderful year of stitching!!! I am enjoying all the "look backs"! I fear I am not organized enough to keep track of what I have done!