Saturday, June 06, 2015

Randje Week 23

Nearing the halfway mark; my Randje sampler is nearly three feet long. I only stitched one of the bands this week. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to stitch the other one. I'm not particularly fond of Blackwork or the double-running stitch!

If you are a regular reader of my blog you know that I am on the road a lot, for work and for pleasure. Today, however, I discovered that some of the most interesting places can be found close to home.

I went to an arts and craft fair in an older neighborhood in St. Paul, MN this morning. The proceeds from the fair benefit the local library. I honestly don't think I ever have visited this part of town before. The library is a stately building with beautiful architecture surrounded by a beautiful green landscape with gardens that were just starting to bloom. (Remember- everything blooms later here in the north!)

 

 

 

Across the street there was this great little bakery - The Finnish Bistro. I picked up a couple of pieces of almond Kringle which we will enjoy later this evening.

It's a beautiful day here in Minnesota!

 

2 comments:

Vickie said...

We had a beautiful day here in Wisconsin yesterday too. My birthday. ;)
I love almond Kringle.

Khristine Doiron said...

It is beautiful where you live! And I love finding new to me places close to home. :)