Saturday, May 09, 2015

Randje Week 19

I'm behind on all of my other stitching projects, but not Randje! Here's this week's installment:

 

I have some pre-work that needs to be done for a class next weekend. I don't think I am going to get it done. I need to pick up Sojourner again - really far behind on that. I have the last Installment on a friend's friendship sampler to get finished. So much to stitch, so little time.

I was saddened to read on Facebook that Diane Clements passed away. I really wanted to take a class from her sometime. She was a very talented Needleworker and designer. She will be missed.

On this Mother's Day weekend, I fulfilled one of my Mother's requests. So simple really, we should have done it a long time ago. She's always wanted to go to IHOP. So this morning - we went to IHOP!

Enjoy your weekend!

 

5 comments:

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Simple pleasures ... like going to IHOP with your mother ... are always the best! Happy Mother's Day!

Khristine Doiron said...

I think your mother and I would get along great. I have always wanted to go to Ihop but there aren't any close to me and I was inspired by her beautiful tatting to go see what it was all about and I am really enjoying it. Happy Mother's day to you and your mom :)

samplrgal said...

I hope you had a great Mother's Day! Loving the progress for Randje - it is coming along nicely!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Isn't it wonderful how sometimes the simplest things can bring the greatest joy... like taking your mom to IHOP.

The piece you are stitching is lovely. I've read back through and it's been fun to see how it has progressed.

I recently started a weekly Stitchery Link Party for all things hand embroidered, including cross-stitch and I would love to have you come link up your post so my readers can come visit too. http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/05/11/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-5/

If you've never linked to a link party before, there's a short tute on my blog as well. I do hope you'll join in the fun.

Marie said...

Your Mom is so sweet, it looks like she was anxious to dig in and eat those fabulous pancakes.

Randje is beautiful. I still can't get over how long that is. I also love the pretty quilt that is under it, did you stitch that? :-D