Monday, July 05, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

Hello Dear Friends!

It's Monday, July 5 and I am enjoying an extended weekend with a holiday from work today. Yesterday was Independence Day and we celebrated by grilling burgers and watching fireworks. Of course, there was time for stitching too!

I'm also celebrating another finish! I just loved this design so much that it was hard to put down. This is Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers #3 - Evening Shades the Garden. I've stitched it on WDW 35ct Light Khaki; it's a creamy soft yellow. For the most part, I used the recommended fibers, with one or two changes because I think the dyelots weren't quite right. It's not very big, approximately 5 inches X 6 inches. This one will get framed soon!




Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers #3
Evening Shades the Garden

35Ct WDW Light Khaki
GAST/DMC Fibers


I've also been working more on This is the Day. I had run out of GAST Tomato and picked up another skein the last time I was at my LNS. Now I've run out of Picnic Basket and Pumpkin Pie! I can finish the lettering at the top and do the filling stitches top and bottom until I get more of these other two colors. I also want to find a replacement fiber for GAST Camouflage; it has too much blue in it (IMHO).



Hot, sticky, cloudy, dark -- not a fun day outside today in Minnesota. As I right this blog post it just started to downpour outside! I've been working on various projects around the house and am in the midst of cleaning through my stitching stash and finishing supplies. Couldn't be happier!

Hope you had a nice weekend; thanks for stopping by!

29 comments:

Carol R said...

Lovely finish Cathy!

Natasha said...

What a lovely finish! I think I have this one in my stash. Whenever I finish Autumn Song IF I ever pick it back up I think I will start ESTG.

This is the Day looks fantastic also. Hopefully you get looks of cleaning done, I think it is fun to clean on a dreary rainy days especially if you are cleaning stash :)

Take Care

Margaret said...

Your finish is gorgeous! Congrats!

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finish!

This is the Day is also looking good. Looks like it won't be too much longer until it's finished.

Karen said...

I love your finish! Blackbird Designs makes such gorgeous designs! This is the day is looking great too! :)

Melissa said...

Great stitching! They're both lovely projects!

carol fun said...

These are both beautiful pieces. I love the BBD one - I have it my stash. Hopefully it will see the light of day sometime soon and be as nice as yours! Happy stitching!

Giovanna said...

Congrats on finishing this lovely design!

Linen Stitcher said...

Love your finish on "Evening Shades." Those colors just pop! "This is the Day" is looking quite nice as well. Don't you hate running out of floss in mid-stitch? Ah well, it's a great excuse to visit your LNS.

I haven't gotten to play in my stash for a while, but we've had enough rain around here for the time being. Guess I'll wait till the next thunderstorm.

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely stitch.
Day is looking wonderful. Hope the required threads arrive soon.
Ah - going through stash - how fun is that!

Moreen said...

I love this blackbird design it's very pretty - this is the day is lovely as well.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your finish is wonderful Cathy :)
GO YOU!
I hope you had a great holiday weekend...a break from work and every day stresses is always a welcome change, isn't it?!

Lynn said...

It's really lovely! It sure stitched up quickly.
This is the Day is also looking great. I have this one in my stash and can't wait to get to it.

Deb said...

What a wonderful finish. I just love it. And I love your WIP too!

Bekca said...

Congratulations for your beautiful finish and great work on your WIP. Happy Stitching.

Paisley said...

Gorgeous finish!

Anonymous said...

Lovely finish Cathy, love the pinks in that one :)

Lauralee @ The Eclectic Stitcher said...

Beautiful stitching & finish ~ love the black/dark "checker" border.

Siobhán said...

Congrats on the finish!

Katrina said...

Love your finish ;-)! Gorgeous and TitD was one of my favorite pieces to stitch.

Lelia said...

your stitching is beautiful!!! congrats on the finish --- your WIP looks terrific, too : )

Daffycat said...

A wonderful finish ~ it's just lovely stitching. And an awesome WIP! This is really nice! Running out of HDF is annoying, isn't it? And it always seems to run out!

mainely stitching said...

Oh Cathy! GORGEOUS!! I love your BBD finish, but This is the Day is a design that just really calls out to me. I have it in my stash, but oh my goodness, I need to magic up some stitching time!!

Marie said...

I am impressed, you are always so productive!

Congrats on anopther beautiful finish.

Karoline said...

Evening shades is gorgeous, congratulations

Berit said...

TItD is looking great, and congrats on your BBD finish! The way you describe the linen makes it sound really beautiful for the piece. :D

Good luck on your fiber hunt.

Diana said...

Your BBD piece turned out really nice. Will you be taking it for show and tell at the retreat? This is the Day is also coming along nicely. It is on my list to stitch, too.

Diana said...

Your BBD piece turned out really nice. Will you be taking it for show and tell at the retreat? This is the Day is also coming along nicely. It is on my list to stitch, too.

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish!