Sunday, May 24, 2009

Long Weekend -

Well, DS and I were going to go to the lake today to join DH and DD and at the last minute our plans changed. Not for a bad reason or anything, it just seemed like most of the weekend was gone already and we could accomplish so much more here at home. There will be more lake weekends...

I do have some stitching to share! First, an exchange that I received from Wendy Jo. The theme was Blackbird Designs. Wendy Jo stitched this wonderful pinkeep. The pattern is in the book, Thank you, Sarah Tobias and it is called Autumn Tulip. As you can see, Wendy Jo made a matching scissors fob. She also sent the scissors, some wonderful 32 count fabbies (nice neutrals!) and some needles (can't have too many of those!) It is a wonderful exchange!


I finished up my Blackbird exchange piece today and it will be mailed on Tuesday. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to its destination and then I can share pictures with you!

Next up - the ornament I stitched for Amy for this month's ornament swap. I really liked the ornament that I stitched last month for Julianne and so...I stitched it again! This design is from the Nordic Needle and was featured in one of the JCS Ornament mags (2003, I think!)


That's all I've got for you tonight! I'm heading to the stitching chair now!

11 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow~~ Both exchanges are fabulous!!!
Long weekends just goes by so fast, aren't they?! I'm wondering myself where did all the time go??

Margaret said...

I agree, both exchanges are beautiful! Fantastic! Hey, one more day to the long weekend! Enjoy it!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

What a great gift from Wendy and your ornament is lovely. CJ ok;-)

CindyMae said...

The exchange you received is just lovely! She done a wonderful job and I just love the ornie that you sent. Your stitching is beautiful as well as the finishing!

Kathy A. said...

Such a lovely exchange. The long pillow and the scissor fob compliment each other beautifully.
Your ornament is lovely too. I like how you finished the back to complement the front.

Marie said...

The BBD exchange from Wendy is beautiful and I love the Christmas ornament that you stitched!

Andrea said...

Love the pillow and the ornament.

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful exchanges, Cathy. I can't wait to see what you did for the BBD exchange!

Kim B said...

Love that ornie! AQnd what a great exchange!

Cindy F. said...

Beautiful exchanges!!! Stitchings and finishings!

WendyJo said...

Glad you like your exchange Cathy! It was fun to stitch!

Love Amy's ornament!