Tuesday, June 05, 2007

See - I really have been stitching!

It's always busy at the end of the school year; so many banquets and other activities. Summer sports are underway too - softball, baseball, and lacrosse are played at this house during the summer. Just two more days of school left; needless to say, my kids are very happy!

Despite my infrequent stitching posts, I do have some stitching to share with you today. Two of my exchanges were received yesterday.

Scissors Fob exchange on the FGBB - As some of you know, if I can incorporate a little Hardanger into my designs, I will. This fob design is from the Cindy Valentine Apricot Elegance needlecase/fob set that I stitched last year. For this version I used some of the new Leah's Threads purchased at the Nordic Needle retreat; I really like these threads! Beautiful shades of purple and gray on a soft gray fabric. This fob was stitched especially for Sharon!



Garden Exchange on the SBEBB - recently I received a cube finish from Heather for the Potting Shed exchange. It was so cool that I decided to try this finishing technique. So I had to find a design that was square - this block from Lizzie Kate fit the bill. The finishing was quite simple and I think it turned it pretty cute! This box finish now resides with Nancy.


(I'm sorry, the photo is a little fuzzy!)

My fourth PIF gift is ready to be mailed; it will probably go out this weekend. I have two more exchanges to finish up and then I'm going to take a little break (but not for too long!)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Wow...I love your fob and that box finish is just gorgeous...I'm going to have to see about doing one of those, as I have the perfect design for an exchange upcoming that this type of finishing would fit the bill :)
Super Cathy all is beautiful!

Lelia said...

Awesome gifts Cathy! I can see why you are taking a small break : )

The boys are out of school -- and sleeping in today. I told them to rest up b/c next week, we are tearing into their rooms for CLEANING. They groan. They roll their eyes. They give me "the look" ... but, hey, they had warning! LOL

Anonymous said...

I was admiring your fob on Sharon's blog earlier - it's gorgeous! Love the cube too.

BeckySC said...

AS always your exchange is lovely :) I am sure Sharon is thrilled :)
Your box finish turned out great! I have finished 4 pieces this way and they are so cool as you can just sit them around anywhere :)

Anonymous said...

I just bought some Leah's threads, as well. I think we may have actually bought the same color, as I grabbed one that is purples and greys, too. Great minds must think alike. :) The fob turned out beautifully! Great job on the cube, as well. I've never done one of those.

Ranae said...

Wow! What awesome exchages. You are really talented. Love the box finish. Ranae

Lennu said...

These are both wonderful! The fob is so beautiful, congratulations!

The cube is great, I see these cubes in blogs and I'm sure I must soon try to make one myself :)

mainely stitching said...

Your fob is stunning - you always do such an amazing job!! :D

Here's to crazy schedules and keeping up with it all while avoiding going around the bend!! LOL!!

Sharon said...

Cathy, your cube finish is just gorgeous. Thanks again for the beautiful scissor fob. I think my new fob needs a new pair of scissors to go with it, Now, I have the perfect reason to get some.

Carol said...

You did such a wonderful job on both exchanges! Well, actually, you always do a wonderful job :-)

Anita said...

The fob is such pretty, hardanger looks so elegant and great finishing on the cube too.

Katrina said...

Everything is so pretty, I love your cube piece :-). Lizzie Kate is one of my favorites.

Deb said...

Love your stitchery! That little box is just darling.
Hugs,
Deb

Heather said...

Your fob is very pretty. And good for you making a cube finish, it’s easy huh? I love how they display too, they look so cute. Great job :D