Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Exchange Update

In recent weeks I have been busy stitching a number of projects for exchanges on the U.S. Exchange Board. Tonight I'd like to share some pictures with you.

First of all, this is a gift that I received from Laurie in Iowa. This was for the House Themed Exchange. The only requirement was that we include a flag in the design along with a house or houses. Laurie chose a Homespun Elegance design and stitched and assembled this Lavender sachet bag for me. As you can see, she included some goodies, in particular the two new Prairie Schooler charts and some fabric from Silkweaver. Thanks Laurie!




Here's the project that I stitched for the House exchange - the Old School House from La D Da. I made it into a pinkeep. This is the second pinkeep I've made and I'm getting better at them! This was sent to Nancy in California.

Front:



Back:



Of course, I sent her some goodies too - an assortment of DMC floss and a wool felt pincushion kit..



I've been having so much fun with these. Many thanks for Becky to keeping this board open while she's taking care of her mom and experiencing such a hectic summer!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job on the pinkeep, Cathy! I'm sure that it will be treasured. And what a lovely sachet you received. A good exchange all around. :)

Nicki said...

Those are both lovely! Such a good job you did with the pinkeep (I've just made my first!). Love the design you chose too. And the exchange you received is beautiful too. Good work all round! :)

Nicole said...

Cathy,

I agree with the above comments - both exchanges turned out so pretty! I love your pinkeep! One day I'm going to finish a couple of things into one. I'm just not the worlds greatest finisher! :)

Leah said...

Both of those projects are beautiful! What a wonderful exchange!!

Rachel V said...

Hello Cathy, thanks for visiting my blog! You do really lovely work - it's so inspiring to see what others are doing and the creative ways they finish them. Looks like you had a really nice exchange here!

Kitty Couture said...

Both exchanges are wonderful! The pinkeep you made is beautiful and Laurie's bag is just too cute!

Katrina said...

what lovely exchanges Cathy, really great!

Lelia said...

What wonderful exchanges! Laurie made a wonderful sachet ... and new stash, too. Awesome.

Cathy your pinkeep is outstanding. I need to figure out how to do that!! (yeah, I know practice-practice) Nice gifts included, too.

Enjoy the week-end. TGIF

Susimac said...

What a lovely pinkeep you have done. Also what a great exchange. I'm doing the House exchange on SBEBB and have just finished the stitching on the one I've decided to make, but not the finishing, luckily I have til August

Tobie said...

Hi Cathy, what a fun exchange! Both projects are fabulous and so are the goodies that went along with them. :) Love that schoolhouse.

mainely stitching said...

Oh I just love it all!! Your pinkeep is great - I nearly did this schoolhouse for our NRR but it was just a little too small. What beautiful stitching!!

Sasha Farina said...

they're all lovely! great exchange!

Von said...

Beautiful stitching, Cathy! You've been very busy getting packages in the mail! ;)

Anne S said...

Oh heck, I can't believe it's been 2 months since I've been blog reading properly ... I'm now hastily trying to catch up - so my apologies for the "huge" comment post, but I don't want to miss anything! :)

Just want to say your Gameboard Sampler is coming along beautifully, and your DT For Thee looks great (doesn't matter how old the chart is, stitching is timeless!). I love Lakeside Lodge too - that looks like a cute design! Your Dearest Friend scissor fob is just darling - I love the beaded edge :) Wee Santa from HIH is gorgeous - I love that ornie :) And I absolutely ADORE your finished 'Meadow Elegance' (couldn't think of anything else green haha) ... it is seriously beautiful!! :D And last, but not least, your exchanges both given and received are lovely - you both did an awesome job :D

Yay, now I can get back to reading your blog more regularly again ... I've missed seeing what you've been up to! :D